Anderson - Madison County Railroads
Click on the small map to see the larger one.
Please use your browser's back button to return.
For Traction Fans
1) Union Traction Wye at 5th and Main Street
2) Union Traction Shops in North Anderson showing connection with PRR for coal delivery for UTC Power Plant.
And for all of us
1) 'Guide Tower' (not the actual name) at the Junction of the Big Four and the Anderson Belt on 25th Street with Union Traction coming down Arrow Ave to turn and parallel the Big Four
2) The complete Big Four wye at John Street with two legs. Note the multiple tracks leading toward the station downtown.
1) South Anderson Yard with roundhouse
2) 31st Street Wye. Note there are two legs and not just the one as at present.
Maps from Thomas B. Helm's History of Madison County, Indiana : with illustrations and biographical sketches... (Chicago, Kingman, 1880) To which are appended maps of its several townships 1901 [Reproduction by Unigraphic, Inc. (Evansville, IN 1971)
Return to Top of Page or Return to Main Page
Last updated October 6, 2003.
This "Railroads of Madision County" page is written, maintained and hosted by: Roger P. Hensley email@example.com
Copyright 2003 by Roger P. Hensley.